Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Orchids of summer

Summer maybe extremely hot in the Philippines but it's also the  season when many flower varieties are abloom. The flowers that thrive in summer are really a sight to behold. Kalachuchi or Plumeria rubra, bougainvillea, birds of paradise, orchids, and what have you.

I have this thing for orchids for the longest time, thanks in many ways to my departed mother who grew orchids in our garden while I was growing up. When she passed away, my father took on the full responsibility of tending and nurturing the orchids that mother left behind.

I must say the orchids in our garden loved our parents, inasmuch as my parents adored them. It’s a mutual affection and admiration.

Now whenever I see orchids abloom, I cannot help but smile. They so remind me of my parents and their devotion to the orchids of my youth.










No comments:

Post a Comment